Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Work Day Wednesday

What day is it?? Yes you silly camel I know it is hump day!!!!! In this homeschooling home, however, it is Work Day Wednesday. On the first Wednesday of the month I make it a fun day ;) and have the brood work around the house to straighten up areas (THEIR ROOMS) that need attention. 


B 1, 2 & 3 working in 2 & 3's room

I also use that day to work on re-organizing projects that I've had floating around my head. I'm in the process of cleaning out the downstairs Kitchen/Sewing Room/Craft Room/Canning Room/Sometimes School Room. I know how that room feels having to wear so many hats. So I'm in the planning stages of cutting back on the duties I expect that room to accomplish.  I feel that we sometimes try to overuse a space just like we overuse people, and ourselves! We think that if it (we) can hold and handle all the stuff that we can stack into it, that it is functioning at normal capacity. I've minimized a lot of duties that I use to have stacked on top of me, and I'm a much better homeschooling Mamma for it. It's liberating having all this extra space in my brain! 

So if you walk into a room in your house and walk right back out of it because it overwhelms you and you don't know where to begin, dive in head first! Set aside a day that you (AND YOUR KIDS) can work together to create a more relaxed environment. When you are done you will have the satisfaction of getting a job done that was stressing you out, as well as teaching your kids life skills. 


Happy Work Day Wednesday!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by the hive and leaving a comment! I'll get it posted as soon as possible!!