Friday, October 4, 2013

The Power of Moms

It's been a crazy several weeks.  B1 is piecing together her musical talents with the piano and recently played a song for our church. B2 is a typical 11 year old where everything bores her; however she has been a adamant defender of stray kittens convincing me of the possibility of her being a veterinarian one day. B3 is off and running with soccer, and doing quite well at defense, I will add. B4 is tackling football head on and playing a few positions to his coaches (his dads) satisfaction.

Along with all the above is the up and running homeschooling support group that I help organize. We took an intentional low key approach to last year and we are better for it. There are now quite a few families attending functions ranging from Spanish classes each week, field trips (two this month!), and some good ole' fashioned fellowship. Oh how we love to fellowship with each other like we did today at the park!!

There is power in the fellowship we share. It is a surge of contentment at the end of each week to see those pretty faces (adults face other than my own and my King Bee's) and to hear about their current struggles and praises that they share with the group. It's refreshing to be with like minded Moms. One might get a little bored with seeing the same faces each week. No Not I. It is an honor to have the opportunity to learn and grow with these Moms. I always come away from our meetings knowing that it was time well spent. If you don't have a group that you feel comfortable with, I encourage you to find one. There is power in a good group of Moms!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by the hive and leaving a comment! I'll get it posted as soon as possible!!