Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My sister in law is infamous for calling me and saying, "I have a great idea, will you to sew something for me!"  See she is addicted to Pinterest, like so many of us out there, and has created a "Fun with Burlap" section on her board.  

So, below is a monogram pillow that I made for her.  I've never ever done a pillow with a applique on it so this was a learning experience for me!  I found that my machine doesn't do a very nice embroidery stitch so I ended up gluing the fabric letter onto the burlap, then once dried, I stitched around it with yarn.  

I'm happy that the machine stitching didn't work out because the hand stitches around the letter really gave it a more primitive look!!  I'm currently working on a burlap Valentines pillow for her, so stay tuned for pictures of it coming soon. :)







1 comment:

  1. That turned out really awesome. Have you finished the Valentine one yet? BTW I have given you the Liebster blog award... check out my blog for more info for the award. http://diannaauton.com/2013/02/i-got-an-award/

    (hopefully this will help drive some traffic to your blog for you.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the hive and leaving a comment! I'll get it posted as soon as possible!!