Thursday, October 6, 2016

Wow. It's been over a year since my last post! Both my husband, and my dear friend, asked me not too long ago if I was still posting because they haven't been getting anything. King Bee even steered me away from a page I was on one day over to my shortcut to the blog. I figured that must be a clue to get back to buzzing. Honestly, so much has happened in the past year that I totally forgot about blogging most days. I mean, when you are trying to help your #1 daughter plan a wedding, well, all other things get put on the back-burner.

Yes, you heard me right, I'm a mother-in-law now! We are parents in-law!! I'm happy for our girl. Even though Jessica is18 and young, I feel she was sent a blessing in her husband. Jacob is currently serving in the military as a Marine and we're very proud of his accomplishments so far. He and I totally get punny jokes and have help Jessica to understand them better! LOL

I'll post an update soon on the events surrounding our oldest getting married and how it changed me as a mother. Things like these always do and there isn't a thing you can do except embrace it (don't worry, no little Jessica or Jacobs yet! 😉)

Oh, and BTW, I still feel the same way as I did in the last post. The beginning of the school year brought out all of those people who jump up and down and yell out to the world that the kids are back in school and out of their hair. I get it though, sometimes you want to eat your young, or put them in military school. You just have to weight whether or not you want to wear an orange jumpsuit for the rest of your life, or if you want to sell all of your belongings on military school tuition!!!! Seriously, when you start to feel like it is a constant battle to keep a civil relationship with your kids, it probably means you are needing a break, or you are pushing the kid against the grain and will just end up ripping a whole in the fabric of your relationship with said child. Don't neglect these situations, pray over it, meditate about it, go get your hair and nails done, then go get yourself the biggest pumpkin spice latte you can find!!!! You cannot refill your kids skippy cups if your own pitcher is empty.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by the hive and leaving a comment! I'll get it posted as soon as possible!!